Sunday, April 26, 2009

A Little Journey Thru The Days Before Ranch Dressing . . .












































































Photobucket




It begins with a blessing, it ends with a curse

Making life easy by making it worse
"My mask is my master", the trumpeter weeps

But his voice is so weak, as he speaks from his sleep

Saying: "Why, why, why... Why are we sleeping?"

People are watching, people who stare

Waiting for something that's already there
"
Tomorrow I'll find it", the trumpeter screams

And remembers he's hungry, and drowns in his dreams

Saying: "Why, why, why... Why are we sleeping?"

My head is a nightclub with glasses and wine

The customers dancing or just making time

While Daevid is cursing, the customers scream

Now everyone's shouting, "Get out of my dream!"

Saying: "Why, why, why... Why are we sleeping?"



2 comments:

Sunnyside Drive said...

I'd love a pure W posting. What's the credit on the final lyrics?

tom nihilist said...

Yeah a pure W post could happen someday, if I ever get the archives at my disposal.

The lyrics are from an early Soft Machine song called, as you could guess, Why are We Sleeping.

I've been listening to their first three albums the last couple of days and that song jumped out at me today and seemed somewhat applicable to the post?